While 76% of American adults have heard of the term ‘metaverse’, just 44% claim to know anything about it.
However, just 3 months ago these stats measured 68% and 38%, respectively.*
- 59% of Gen Z, 55% of Millennials, and 46% of Gen X know something about the metaverse, while just 29% of Baby Boomers do.
- Over half (53%) of men claim to know about the metaverse, while just 36% of women do.
53% of American adults are interested in learning more about the Metaverse.
As you might have heard or are already aware, the metaverse is a virtual world where users can interact and experience things as they would in the physical world such as shopping, travelling, gaming, or attending events.
Using current augmented and virtual reality technology, as well as mobile devices and computers, users can immerse themselves into this world and interact with overlaying objects and people in the visual projected in front of them. As one example, users would be able to create digital objects and buy, sell, or trade them in these virtual environments.
Knowing this, how interested are you in learning more about the metaverse and how it may have an impact on day-to-day life in the future?
- 53% (+5) of American adults are interested (21% very interested, 32% somewhat interested) in learning more about the metaverse and how it may have an impact on day-to-day life in the future.
- 66% of Gen Z and 68% of Millennials are interested in learning more about the metaverse, while 54% of Gen X and just 35% of Baby Boomers are currently interested.
- 59% of men are interested in learning more, compared with 47% of women.
American adults show moderate levels of interest in several specific examples of experiencing the metaverse in the future.
73% of adults are concerned it will cost too much money to truly enjoy the metaverse.
This Online CARAVAN® omnibus survey was conducted on June 8-12, 2022. Approximately 2,000 adults selected from opt-in panels were surveyed. The results are also weighted to U.S. Census data to be demographically representative. Learn more about our Online CARAVAN® omnibus surveys here. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.